A description of the divider and its method of use is given in the Rules for Seed Testing issued by the International Seed Testing Association. The gross seed sample for division is placed in the hopper and it flows on to a shallow, dished spinner which distributes the seed centrifugally over a two-way dividing head. The divisions are channelled through two side outlets into suitable collecting bowls placed under the spouts.
The action is extremely fast enabling the operator to obtain samples and sub-samples in rapid succession until the required quantity is required. The unit consists of a stationary stainless steel hopper of approx. 4 litres capacity located immediately over a 102mm diameter spinner situated above a spiral fluted, cast bronze two way dividing head surrounded by an outer cover to which the two outlets are attached, all mounted on a powder coated base.
The spinner is driven at approx. 450rpm by a 50W geared motor unit housed in the base. The vertical spindle carrying the spinner extends beyond the spinner into the hopper throat. Mounted on top of the spindle is a hard, tufnol impeller which disturbs the seed and prevents blockages occurring in the hopper.
- Used by Official Seed Testing Station for England & Wales, & by many Seed Growers Associations & Seed Merchants Worldwide
- Bench mounted
- Suitable for all kinds of seeds except chaffy types
- Invaluable unit for the rapid provision of a seed sample for purity tests or for germination capacity under the specifications of the Seeds Act
- Can also be used for obtaining representative samples of other hard, free flowing granular materials
- Plated Steel hopper of 4litres capacity
- Spinner driven at approx. 450rpm by a 50W geared motor unit
- Hopper easily detached for access to spinners
- Divider fitted with off bias push button switch
- Easily viewed spirit level indicator on base casting, 3 feet, one fixed and two adjustable
- Power requirements 230v-1ph-50Hz
- Dimensions: 324x343x534mm
- Weight: 23kg
FOR REPAIRS, OUR MAINTENANCE SERVICE OR SPARES FOR THIS MACHINE,
PLEASE CONTACT THE SALES TEAM.